Moe, your problem is: Youre always close to the border. Theres only love or hate for you, nothing in between. Every broken promise is doomsday for you. You scare other people, but are insulted when theyre scared. And you have no sense of humor.
Why, thank you, Miss eight-year-old-super-genius.
* * *
I submitted a similar picture one year ago. But it looks crappy, so I drew a new version.
The scene is based on episode habf19, MoeNA Lisa [link]
Im not sure if my English text is correct, so I put it into the artists comment this time.
* * *
I think Moe suffers from borderline personality disorder. Its not as silly as it seems: The Simpsons show wouldnt work without references to reality. All characters probably have traits of real persons the writers have met.
In Wikipedia [link]
) I found a list of nine criteria. At least five should apply to a person suffering from BPD:
1. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving).
5. Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.
6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
7. Chronic feelings of emptiness, worthlessness.
8. Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms
Well, 5, 7 and 8 are surely true, 4 also is (substance abuse and all this playing around with loaded guns), and 1 sounds a lot like Moe, too. He gets clingy when he is in love, just think of Renee and Marge and also of Maggie. This would be five criteria.